Thursday 30 June 2011

Things 8-9 + Cool Extra Thing

I was aware of Creative Commons but had not thought about it in the context of Flickr before, as I had never used the site.  I tend to use my own photos but now feel excited about the untapped resource I have to explore!

I decided to continue the ladybird theme but didn't have much luck with the tiny variety so thought I would try the other extreme, and what could be more extreme than a ladybird the size of a baby elephant!


Thanks to asw909 for image via CC licence


I found it extremely simple to add images using Blogger, although I only discovered how to do captions by accident.

Cool Extra Thing

I do like to play about with my photos but have tended to use Photoshop.  I was a bit disappointed with Fotoflexer, as I had seen most of the effects before.  That said, I was still rather pleased with this:

Branston and Pickles in pop art

I had great fun with PhotoFunia and have already got a couple of friends interested in having a go themselves.


Week 2 Update

I have still been making use of iGoogle but only to keep an eye on Wimbledon and the Tube.


1 comment:

  1. Just loving that ladybird elephant! Flickr is great but you do need to know about the creative commons as it can be very frustrating to see th exact image you need for that important thing, only to discover it's an all rights reserved pic. It can mean longer searching than doing which is a pain.

    I guess if you were used to photoshop then maybe fotoflexr doesn't seem as comprehansive, but it is very quick and easy to use. I do like the pop art effects though.Photofunia is also fun, and whilst we're all doing serious staff development, we wanted you to have fun with 23 things too!

    Rowena 23 Things Team

    ReplyDelete