Friday 15 July 2011

Reflection

I am going to use this break to reflect on all I have done over the last month. 

I am now pretty used to Blogger and so far it has done everything I have needed it to. 

I go on to iGoogle less and less now that Wimbledon is over but it did get me into the habit of checking Tube updates, which is good.  I deleted my First Great Western RSS feed fairly swiftly, as I got a list of every single train running and how late they were.  I will however set up feeds in the future, as I can see their potential.  Google Reader now tends to be the way I keep an eye on other 23 Things blogs and I am also acquiring quite a random knowledge of all things ice cream due to my Google Alert.

Reflecting on Things 8-9 made me realise that I had not utlised them again since.  I was about to write that it was because I had had no need for pictures but then I remembered my blog, so here you go:



Funnily enough trying to use Flickr this time, I soon discovered the same problems others had encountered - I was struggling to find an image to show exactly what I meant.  I was being a good librarian and thinking of related search terms when I remembered that I actually had the perfect photo myself for one of these other terms.

I have found myself straying back to Facebook.  I think I need time to appreciate Twitter, as at the moment I just log on, quickly scroll down and log off.  Just in the last day or two however I have become aware of one distinct advantage.  I have started to notice that I am reading things in newpapers, which I was already aware of a few days ago thanks to Twitter, for example, can a macaque own copyright?!

I have taken the opportunity to explore LinkedIn in more detail, even looking at the profiles of some respected library professionals.  I am resolved in my conclusion that I should not join until I will be able to dedicate the time to keeping it up-to-date.

I am looking forward to the rest of the Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment