Wednesday 27 July 2011

Information Assistant HE

I am capturing my day as Thing 17 and also as part of the Library Day in the Life Project.

I am helping out at a different site today. I start off my day by doing my share of the shelving, having a little tidy as I go along too. I then use the time before I need to be on the desk to run an eye over the journals they have here and claim any issues that have not been received. This leads to tidying up some of the schedules as well. It is pretty quiet at the desk at the moment so in-between checking in returns and helping people locate books on particular topics, I catch up on Twitter and my Google Alerts. I am of course also writing this blog!

I am going to use my lunch break to go to the main site and pick up my season ticket loan cheque, which I am a bit too excited about!

The first hour back on the desk was non-stop! I think there are exams today. There has been a lot of books returned and also some frantic printing. The books I added to the catalogue and processed earlier are awaiting quality checking.

My last task for the day has been to start amending a couple of database guides I have written. This is after feedback from our Subject Librarians.

Soon I will be off to catch the Tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment