Tuesday 2 August 2011

Thing 18

I like the fact that with del.icio.us you can access your bookmarks from any computer. I often feel a bit lost when I am on a different machine and don't have access to all my favourites. I also like the fact that you can tag these bookmarks. In a previous job, I created a directory of useful web resources and I wish I had been aware of del.icio.us then, as it would have been better than trying to create a linear list. This is the purpose for which most libraries seem to have used del.icio.us. I particularly like the tag cloud option, both as a visual statement but also as the same information appears less overwhelming. I found that the University of Dundee allowed you to bookmark catalogue entries with del.icio.us.

I am a bit behind so I have not explored diigo but I have come across a library using it in previous work. It was for exactly the same purpose as the others I looked at use del.icio.ius.

Also, unfortunately I have not had a chance to make use of Evernote but I have every intention to. This is because I currently have a notebook with information all over the place and I too sometimes struggle to read my own writing! Being able to access my notes anywhere and not having to be attached to my notebook will be advantages as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment