Friday 22 July 2011

Things 13-15

I had heard people refer to Prezi but I had never seen a presentation myself. I must say, I am very impressed! It is so much easier to use than Powerpoint and so much more dynamic. I did wonder if it would be a bit too much with things zooming in and out all over the place. Indeed my first attempt did make me feel rather seasick, but I remembered frames to group text and pictures together and was away! I struggled to embed my Prezi onto my blog but it seemed to be successful when I restricted viewers to simply going back and forward. I don't currently do presentations in my work but if I did I would definitely use Prezi! In fact, I have been so impressed that I have passed the existence of Prezi on to others.




At first I wasn't sure about the point of Doodle, as I thought you could just use Outlook. But then I realised that the beauty is that you can invite people through email, Facebook or Twitter and you don't need an account.

Survey Monkey is yet another useful Thing! The library where I did my traineeship used it to do a survey on satisfaction, which is so vital to service improvement/justification and with Survey Monkey it is so easy.

I do like my lists so was interested in RTM but I have Outlook for work and tend to use paper lists at home. I think RTM would be useful if I had internet on my phone, as I would be able to check my list wherever I was!

I used Google Docs during my Masters course. One of the modules consisted entirely of group work and Google Docs made it so much easier to work collaboratively.

1 comment:

  1. A good round of this week's Things! Prezi can be very effective although soemtimes you may prefer to use powerpoint - it all depends on the context.
    I like you pictures though and this is where prezi can score over ppt as it is more visual.

    You're right in that one of the plus points about Doodle is that you don't need an account to acce[pt an invite so it;s more all embracing than FB or twitter on that respect. I've used it in the past to arrnage meetings even when everyone is in the same organization, as it can be easier than scouring through Outlook scheduler. It's also good to arrnage nights out etc.

    I Love google docs! So much better for sharing, especially if you are sharing spreadsheets to record stuff. We've used Google forms for the registration process in 23 Things City as it is so easy

    Rowena 23 Things

    ReplyDelete